"When pianists make the arrangements," Jenny Lin told PT host Fred Child, "everything is possible." Lin recently released a new album called Get Happy full of our favorite showtunes, arranged by some of the most virtuosic pianists to grace the stage: Andre Previn takes on Richard Rodgers, Stephen Prutsman adopts Harold Arlen, Earl Wild arranges George Gershwin. Because the pianists know how the instrument works, what sounds it is capable of, Lin says there are problems translating vocal music to a percussive instrument. It's music waiting to be played.
Music Lin played in the studio includes:
* Richard Rodgers, arr. Stephen Hough: My Favorite Things
* Frederick Loewe, arr. Stefan Malzew: Eliza in Ascot
* George Gershwin, arr. Earl Wild: Embraceable You
* Richard Rogers, arr. Andre Previn: Blue Moon
* Harold Arlen, arr. Stephen Prutsman: Get Happy